Karen's kitchen - BEFORE
From one friend to another...
The kitchen in Karen’s home was installed when the house was built in 2001. It was starting to show signs of wear-and-tear and whilst it worked for Karen, she had decided that it was time to update and add a personal touch.
The task of finding a credible supplier who could offer a solution at the right price was a challenging one. Karen was unsure of where to go for her new kitchen, neighbours had used a well-known national retailer, but things did not go as smoothly as planned, this encouraged her to get some further feedback from friends and family.
One friend had recently used Saffron Interiors and suggested that Karen get in touch to book in a free design consultation.
During the consultation, she was informed of the services available and could see first-hand, the quality of the products on offer. The suggested ballpark cost for her project fitted perfectly with her budget.
A kitchen to stand the test of time
Having decided to progress to the design stage and after giving plenty of thought to style and colour, Karen’s brief was concise.
Karen wanted to have a classic shaker kitchen with blue cabinetry and light worksurfaces to keep the space from feeling dark and gloomy. She also wanted to re-use the existing integrated fridge freezer, dishwasher and extractor as these appliances were relatively new.
The footprint of the kitchen was to largely remain the same and allow space for a small dining table at the end of the room. It worked well this way for Karen.
Working with head designer Bryan, this is how we helped personalise Karen’s kitchen for her:
- Recommended the Syre shaker door in ‘Mey Blue’ with oak cabinets.
- Contrasting Mistral worktops in ‘Glacier White’. The seamless join helped flow around the corner giving the illusion of more space.
- Undermount Blanco sink with drainer grooves in the worksurface to maximise the use of space.
- Quooker boiling water tap removes the need for a kettle on display.
- Karen’s bold choice of ‘Mr. Jones’ tiles for added interest.
- Elegant Barkston handles in brushed nickel adding the perfect finishing touch.
Proposed Floor Plan
Photo-realistic 3D CAD Design
What the client said..
“My decision to use Saffron Interiors for my new kitchen was an excellent one. From start to finish their customer care levels, attention to detail, professionalism and knowledge were fantastic.
My new kitchen is exactly what I wanted – I love it!” – Karen Atkinson