Anthea and Brian's Kitchen - BEFORE
Anthea and Brian’s requirements
Saffron Interiors first worked with this Surrey couple back in 2010, when we gave their kitchen a mini facelift with some gorgeous new kitchen cabinet doors.
Eight years down the road, Anthea and Brian decided that the time had come to completely renovate the space and install a totally new kitchen from scratch. They knew we had the ideal skills for the job.
Intelligent, efficient storage means less clutter (so less tidying up!) but it can also allow you to show off your most treasured kitchen and dining ware. Anthea and Brian were keen to increase the storage capacity in the room by utilising a large section of wall in the dining side to better effect, closing all gaps above units – and creating somewhere they could display their beautiful collection of china.
Anthea and Brian also wanted their kitchen to evoke a classic, warm and homely feeling.
Saffron Interiors have the answer
Our kitchen design experts love a storage challenge and it’s so rewarding to streamline a kitchen in ways that make day-to-day living more of a breeze for those using the space. Here’s how we did just that:
- Boxed-out the section in the dining space to frame and accommodate a run of tall units from the Caledonia range, where all Anthea and Brian’s consumables could be stored.
- Custom-built an open display shelf to show off the china.
- Functionally zoned the worktop space into clear cleaning, preparation and cooking areas with a large expanse of worktop on the peninsula breakfast bar.
- Contained the space over the units to accommodate services and extractor ducting.
- Fitted Taransey smooth painted shaker doors in contrasting colours (Morven Scree and Porcelain) with Arlington Oak carcassing and shelving.
- Finished the look with timeless Carrara quartz worktops and the Oxford cup and knob handles
- Added a Blanco Supra undermount sink with Blanco Max tap to compliment the theme
Proposed Floor Plan
Photo-realistic 3D CAD Design
What the client said..
“I have nothing but praise for the service we have received from Saffron Interiors. From the very first meeting with Bryan to discuss our new kitchen requirements to the best kitchen fitter ever, Brendon, we felt we had made the right decision.
“Nothing was too much trouble, attention to detail was superb and the end result is stunning. We also had a revamp of the utility room, which looks like new now. We would thoroughly recommend Saffron to anyone considering a new kitchen.” – Anthea Hawtin