Jack and Yasmins Finished Kitchen
Jack and Yasmin’s unique brief
Jack and Yasmin from Guildford were planning a two-storey extension featuring a kitchen and dining space that opened out onto a bijou terrace.
This couple loves to entertain friends, so they wanted the indoor/al fresco space to be welcoming yet ergonomic. They plan to host dinner parties and summer barbecues, but they don’t want to miss out on conversation while they’re preparing meals.
An inspiring project for Saffron Interiors
Our team of kitchen pro’s relish a project with a twist and we couldn’t wait to come up with a design for this chic inside/outside space. Here’s how we approached Jack and Yasmin’s exciting brief:
- Zoned the space to allow easy, breezy use of the kitchen.
- Selected a cool linear layout with one main bank of units on the back wall alongside an island/breakfast bar, creating a natural walkway through to the outside space.
- Kept the main working area of the kitchen (featuring Neff appliances and a Blum space tower) away from the thoroughfare, yet within chatting distance of the terrace.
- Injected colour with the dramatic contrast of ‘Stiffkey Blue’ under the white resin Mistral ‘Polaris’ worktops, offset by the lighter, calming Farrow & Ball ‘Pavilion Grey’ on the main run (this also matched the outdoor furniture).
- Incorporated a slab fronted Skye in-frame door from the Caledonia range, perfectly complementing the contemporary dining seating and bi-fold doors.
- Fitted a stunning Belfast sink with Culina Pro taps from the Blanco range.
- Added framed shelving for yet more optimum storage in a limited space.
Proposed Floor Plan
Photo-realistic 3D CAD Design
What the client said..
“Saffron supplied and installed a kitchen for me. I was more than satisfied with the service from start to finish and I would strongly recommend them to anyone. Saffron really do add value to a project and I must say that in particular their design input was fantastic. I will definitely use Saffron on my next project.” – Jack Sutcliffe