Mick and Sandra’s kitchen BEFORE
Mick and Sandra’s kitchen goals
When they moved to Guildford from Kent, a kitchen renovation was high on Mick and Sandra’s home improvement wish list.
With its oak doors, black granite worktops and amber coloured tiles, the overall aesthetic of the current kitchen felt dated. It didn’t match their modern taste and sociable personalities.
Even more frustratingly, space was not being used to its full advantage. The previous owners had installed a u-shaped kitchen into a vast area and left the rest of the room open in order to accommodate a large dining table.
A bespoke solution from Saffron Interiors
Our kitchen design experts met with Mick and Sandra to discuss their lifestyle and needs, evaluate the space for flow and functionality, and define the contemporary vision in their mind’s eye.
With a clear understanding of their aims, we came up with the following solutions:
- A practical island to fill the middle of the space - this provided additional worktop counter areas and storage, yet still left room for a dining table
- Zoning throughout the rest of the kitchen to allow efficient, ergonomic daily use
- A softer, lighter colour scheme – more inviting for them and their family and friends
- No-fuss Fusion Linear handleless range of units, featuring clean lines and a contemporary look
- Satin feel perfect matt acrylic doors in cashmere and stone
- Beautiful opal carrara quartz worktops
- Durable Woodland Elm porcelain floor tiles
- Stylish Blanco Silgranit non-stain sink and Candor stainless steel taps
Proposed Floor Plan
Photo-realistic 3D CAD Design
What the client said..
“We absolutely love our new kitchen and wouldn’t change a thing. Bryan completely understood our brief to make the kitchen a more social space, without compromising a great functional layout for cooking. He made several suggestions on points that we hadn’t considered, and we’re now particularly pleased that we opted for an induction hob.
“Jon managed the entire project, unlike the high street kitchen companies that we’d also looked at. He frequently popped in to check on progress and that we didn’t have any issues or concerns. The installation went smoothly, and we’re delighted with the finished quality and attention to detail by all of the trades.” – Mick & Sandra