Martin & Madeleine’s kitchen - BEFORE
Martin & Madeleine’s brief
This Surrey couple love the cosy, traditional atmosphere of their 18th Century cottage in Ripley and wanted ‘all the mod cons’ of a new kitchen whilst preserving the heritage feel of the property.
The dark wood cabinets and deep charcoal grey worktops of their old kitchen made the whole space seem somewhat dingy and much smaller than it was, so Martin and Madeleine contacted Saffron Interiors for a makeover; one that would also incorporate a new AGA to replace their faithful but tired brown model.
Saffron Interiors embraces the challenge
We love period properties too and have lots of experience of bringing the functionality of a modern kitchen into an older home. In this case, we:
- Fitted a Caledonia in-frame kitchen with stunning Leven solid ash painted doors, featuring a Blum space tower, herb drawers, and a chopping board unit.
- Kept the colour scheme of the kitchen simple with the use of a single tone for all cabinetry – ‘Cashmere’ was chosen as it has a soft, light tone that creates a feeling of spaciousness and neutral warmth.
- Provided a light yet dramatic contrast with a touch of opulence, using the Bianco Antico granite worktops and granite splashback. The client was able to visit our supplier and choose each individual slab of granite themselves.
- Complimented the theme with a Blanco Villae double farmhouse sink featuring Perrin & Rowe Phoenician mixer taps and a Quooker Nordic boiling tap for hot water in an instant.
- Installed a new stainless-steel AGA to replace Martin and Madeleine’s older brown model, accompanied by Neff appliances and a range cooker match with handles and taps finished in a polished nickel.
Proposed Floor Plan
Photo-realistic 3D CAD Design
What the client said..
“We have been so impressed with Saffron Interiors from start to finish. Professional, meticulous, helpful…we have not been able to think of anything that wasn’t ‘excellent’ for any aspect of their service. We love our new kitchen and friends and relatives have all said it looks amazing. Would recommend to anyone!” – Madeleine Hewish