Bob and Kelly's kitchen
Seamless Integration from Start to Finish…
Bob and Kelly embarked on a journey to revolutionize their kitchen, aiming for a radical layout transformation to optimize their space. Aware of the extensive nature of the work, including potential service relocations, they sought a company capable of managing the entire project without the hassle of coordinating different trades. Saffron Interiors emerged as the ideal choice. Their independent status, extensive product range, custom cabinet offerings, and comprehensive project management perfectly aligned with Bob and Kelly’s needs.
Crafting a Multifunctional Family Hub…
The challenge was to create a kitchen/diner that not only accommodated a bustling family life (including their dog) but also seamlessly connected to other areas of the house and garden.
- The design had to thoughtfully incorporate various architectural elements like column supports, diverse ceiling heights, and extensive rear glazing.
- Meticulously planned the layout to support concurrent family activities.
- Arranged cabinetry to create a central island and distinct ‘zones’ for specific functions.
- The island, designated for preparation and cooking, included ample storage for kitchen essentials.
- Cleverly designed main storage areas around structural columns, integrating bespoke cabinetry for maximum space utilization.
- An additional section opposite the main run housed food and drink storage, a US-style fridge freezer, and a bar area that served the dining space.
Harmonizing Style and Functionality…
Bob and Kelly, in their search for a vibrant yet balanced kitchen, gravitated towards Moroccan and Mediterranean styles. Keen to avoid the cliché of overpowering bold colors and patterns, they went through several design revisions. Ultimately, they settled on the classic ‘Durness Cliffs’ shaker door for their base and tall units.
This choice, paired with the room’s natural light, allowed the bold color to shine. They complemented it with a Glacier White Mistral worktop, striking a beautiful contrast and amplifying the room’s brightness. For the wall units and shelving, they opted for ‘Hunton Oak’, harmonizing with the oak flooring and other wooden elements in the room.
To keep the focus on the kitchen’s key elements, they painted architectural features white and chose pale grey walls. This created a subtle backdrop, making indoor plants and cabinetry pop. A dynamic, kinetic abstract print on the glass splashbacks introduced a splash of color, echoed on the opposite wall.
They clearly defined the dining area with Moroccan-inspired tiles, creating a seamless transition from the oak planking prevalent in the rest of the space.
Proposed Floor Plan
Photo-realistic 3D CAD Design
What the client said..
“Absolutely no hesitation in recommending Saffron Interiors. We had our entire kitchen replaced from the floor up and we are extremely pleased with the results. Showroom staff are incredibly helpful and responsive to design/budget changes and very easy to communicate with. The fitters and trades were also very easy to work with, conscientious, and kept us filled in every step of the way.” – Bob & Kelly Willmott
Looking to create your dream kitchen?
Discover an efficient kitchen design and installation service, tailored to your needs
See More Of Our Case Studies
Save yourself time, money & hassle with this free guide