Helen & Marks Kitchen
Helen & Mark felt in the dark…
Helen and Mark from Burpham in Surrey came to Saffron Interiors for help with planning their new kitchen, which was to form part of a large extension. The extension itself was built to accommodate a dining and living space with the kitchen servicing both from a central recessed section.
With no natural brightness in the space, they knew they would need light colour scheme. However, despite being happy with a modern look, they wanted to avoid décor and appliances that looked too industrial or clinical. After all, their desire was for this to be a warm, comfy area for the family to relax and spend time together in.
Saffron Interiors shone a light
Properties come in all shapes and sizes and it’s not uncommon to have a lack of natural light, especially with extended and modified buildings. Luckily, we’ve designed kitchens for all levels of natural lighting, so we had a few design tricks in our skillset.
Here’s how we used our knowledge to help Helen and Mark achieve their kitchen objectives:
- Recommended the Fusion Linear range, with illuminating reflective surfaces on our mirror gloss synchronised wood-grain laminate.
- Created unfussy lines with handle-less doors in warm but bright ‘Mussel’ and ‘Tobacco Oak’ shades.
- Added ‘Café’ quartz worktops with a polished surface.
- Constructed a tall bank of units to house the ovens and all foodstuffs. This kept the working part of the kitchen open and clear with a large expanse of worktop, perfect for a busy family.
- Provided the ideal place to serve meals as well as the dining table – a raised breakfast bar that also acts as a divider.
- Streamlined functional areas with smart storage and practical details, to minimise the potential for clutter that could crowd this windowless room e.g. Blum space tower, cube shelves, recessed drainer.
- Finished the look with a Blanco ‘Andano’ bowl sink with Blanco Culina Pro taps, and our favourite Siemens appliances.
Proposed Floor Plan
Photo-realistic 3D CAD Design
What the client said..
“I just want to thank everyone at Saffron for their attention to detail, flexibility, kindness and determination to provide fabulous customer service, all of which helped give us a kitchen that we love. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Saffron.” – Helen Norman