The end result
Marie and Phil were renovating a town centre apartment for their two sons
Parents Marie and Phil were embarking on a facelift for the Guildford apartment in which their two sons would live whilst studying at The University of Surrey. They wanted to retain traditional features, such as high ceilings, sash windows and decorative mouldings, whilst keeping the look modern – but not stark. However, the kitchen had to be functional and very easy to maintain.
A timeless yet practical solution from Saffron Interiors
Selecting the right materials for this installation was crucial. Our extensive design experience combined with vast knowledge of kitchen units and equipment enabled us to come up with a solution that suited the property and the student lifestyle of the residents:
- Mirror gloss acrylic doors from the Fusion range – high shine, fuss-free and easy to clean, so this kitchen will stay looking fresh with minimal effort.
- Mistral resin worktops in ‘Aria’ which are seamless and non-porous; properties that mean there’s no need to worry about any spills or staining.
- An attractive two-tone monochrome colour scheme keeps the space neutral but with a slight masculine touch, featuring dust grey base units which are beautifully balanced by the white worksurfaces, reflecting all the light in the room.
- The subtle veining and marbled appearance of the worktops top are sympathetic to the classic feel of the apartment, as is the warmth of the wood-effect floor paired with the charcoal grey metro tiles.
- A central island with breakfast bar suits both everyday life, studying and socialising.
- Blanco ‘Andano’ large bowl sink and Neff appliances finish the look.
Proposed Floor Plan
Photo-realistic 3D CAD Design
What the client said..
“On remodeling our property, the team at Saffron Interiors had a brief to design a kitchen that optimised the space, looked modern but of high quality, and provided the ‘wow’ impact.
“Bryan and his colleagues provided me with invaluable guidance and direction throughout the complete design and installation process and worked directly with our building contractors, removing the stress factor.
“The end result delivered on expectations and I am pleased to say that it has enhanced the re-sale value of the property. I would certainly choose Saffron Interiors again.” –> Marie Cooper